Friday, February 4, 2011

Tech Deck Wooden Series

Stelio Fenzo



JOURNEY WITH THE COMICS.
I had a great privilege. . . meet Hugo Pratt, I think, many of those present know at least by reputation.
HUGO PRATT THE ENCHANTED TRAVELLER.
I had over the years as a teacher and also became a continuation of some of its graphic novels (which this ugly term) when he told me: " Stelio you go ahead with this, maybe the lyrics you write them Loredana (my wife) I'm going a bit 'in one of my regular trips! "
He traveled while I wandered with the fantasy in his stories with pencil and brush.
And that is why I gladly accepted the invitation to ITHACA.
Sitting at my drawing table, creating stories I went up stories, describing them, distant lands, with the Far West saloon, with Amar Singh in India of the last century, the first in Africa with Simba's 900 characters for "magazine" of "FAMIGLIACRISTIANA " .
And there was no Internet for research, there were only books. Hugo had a library of about 32000, yes, say , 32000 volumes, but I am having a lot fewer, give him a call, or my wife to make the texts called him by phone and Hugo suggests that we should go and where to fish: the runway and in the libraries to read and take notes.
As the result of both large and small players of the past, was demanding and sometimes he wrote criticizing the management of the newspaper even if he saw a gun that did not seem to age in the hands of an Apache Indian.
readers were once very careful and demanding, but this gives the creator of fantasies and TRAVEL to ongoing research. And this is also a TRAVEL .

A PERIPLO IMAGINARY.
And this is the name they gave to the exhibition in Siena, Santa Maria della Scala was held in 2005 in honor of Pratt. In the previous year in the same room there was a show on Boninsegna by Duccio, and usually the shows last for two months each year: The exhibition of Pratt, given the exceptional number of visitors it lasted, I think six months.
This is the engine that drives the lovers of graphic novels, as she Umberto Eco defined as the so-called comics have in common the ability to inspire its readers without the need for expensive and sophisticated equipment: just a pencil, a brush, a piece of paper and a lot of imagination.

And off you go on a trip!
and accompany us on the journey with books Sonzogno red and picks up DE VERE STACPOOLE: The beach of dreams. The Blue Lagoon. The ship of coral. The island of pearls. Satan. Rider Haggard: The daughter of the hurricane. The return of Ahiesha. The eternal woman.
Based on this large, of course traveling with them.
RUDJRAD KIPLING makes us travel with The Jungle Book . And then accompanies us with EDGAR WALLACE: The river people. Quattrossa. Bozambo. Sanders of the River.
with JOSEPH CONRAD Lord Jim from what the book was made into the eponymous film directed by Peter Brooks and starring Peter O'Toole.
Here you see the relationship between comics and cinema.
Then Fenimore Cooper that transports us into the world of The Last of the Mohicans.
Sitting at my drawing board then I have traveled extensively : from my 15 years up to 70.

Then my ITHACA became no longer create new stories with a pencil but with the camera sister just brush and pencil as I did in the 60's when along with my wife Loretta and my friends made some short movie lovers a subject of which was received quite well in an edition of MAGAZINE hearing on 19 January 2010.
The paper became a bit 'larger than that of my drawings. It was a screen.

Some years ago I had the task of designing a storyboard for a movie about a character dear to me. A character of Hugo Pratt: Corto Maltese.
is that the circle is almost at an end.
begin to travel with Corto Maltese and Hugo Hugo drawing for a new story a story of fantasy and dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment